Thursday, July 2, 2009

Birthday and Coconut Cream Pie!

What a tremendous birthday I had yesterday! I so wish you ALL could have shared it with us. A dear friend came over and brought her two children - with my four we had a housefull to say the least. It was wonderful. All the energy and noise, laughing and playing - and the kids had a pretty good time too! :)

Each birthday, I strive to make a delicious healthy dessert. This year I think I hit the highest mark. It will be difficult to improve on this one. It's from the book, I am Grateful, produced by the owners of Cafe Gratitude in California. The recipe is called, "I am Devoted," otherwise known as Coconut Cream Pie. Boy, am I ever devoted to this pie!

As are the rest of the recipes in this clever book, this one contains simple ingredients and loads of flavor. But its absolute best feature is the "melt in your mouth" texture accompanied by a feeling of well-being - with "0" guilt! As I do not have permission to reprint their recipe, you might want to try searching for it online, or just buy the book. You won't be disappointed.

I hope this finds you all feeling joyful and blessed!

Love,
Anna

A FEW CANCER FIGHTING PROPERTIES:
Because coconut is high in satured vegetable fat, people with cholesterol concerns should watch their consumption carefully. Don't over do it! However, because coconut butter is over 50% medium-chain fatty acids, the kind that are NOT stored as fat, the body metabolizes these fatty acids into energy. Who couldn't use a little more of that? Fresh coconut is also loaded with lauric acid (also found in human breast milk) which enhances brain function and boosts the immune system.

1 comment:

  1. That pie sounds sooooo good! Glad to hear your birthday was great!

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts here: